Friday, September 14, 2007

Life Pins: My Questions

In my daily email from Kim and Jason.com there was this quote. While all the quotes and comics are great on their daily email, this talks about where I am right now and I don't want to forget it. Go Oprah!

"As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you - the first time around." Oprah Winfrey


I wonder about some "first times around" and what if I had done things differently way back when? I know there's not a lot of point in reliving the past or obsessing about mistakes or decisions and their outcomes, but I'm questioning a lot of things about my life lately. I'm also at a crucial place in deciding how I want to raise Patrick and decisions about my career. While I want to get it right the first time, I realize there's grace. But I also realize in my early 30's my life is at least a third of the way over, if NOT half or less. That pushes my thinking about my life, what I want it to mean, and how I want to spend it into high gear. It's keeping me awake at night and causing sleep deprivation. I don't want to waste any more time on dreams or ideas. I want to live them out. Taste them, wear them, do them, and not let "what could of, should have been" be in my vocabulary any more. But which way I choose to go has risks and benefits that are not clearly revealed without taking the step. I'm at a standstill, daring myself to jump.

WHAT ABOUT YOU?

No comments: