Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Life Pins: Resolutions

Resolutions sounds so academic, so cliched too. I, at times, have made resolutions. I have often made common ones, like read my Bible regularly, exercise more, eat better, etc. Already this year, without realizing it, I am worrying about my to-do list, organizing my apartment, and going back to work after a nice Christmas break.

Call me a pessimist or a realist, I don't know, but I feel it's unrealistic to set a goal and expect to keep it up for an entire year without fail, so in recent years I've railed against a New Year's Resolutions list. I guess having a child has taught me to change my plans minute by minute some days, making goal-setting hard to stick with. If I get one thing accomplished that I wanted to or needed to in a day, I'm doing awesome!

But I digress. Without realizing it I have made myself some goals, shall we say, for the next few weeks at least.

1. After feeling like my New Year's Eve was filled with simply, and depressingly, reflecting on the past, I realized that what I really need this year, is some promises. I need God's promises. I need some hope for that better year I am talking about. So I think I may start finding and focusing on one promise a week, or maybe a month, from God's Word.

2. I'd really like to start buying more organic and all natural products. I said earlier I wanted to shop my local co-op, and although I haven't made it there yet, I am beginning to realize that while my life currently cannot become completely "off the grid", granola, organic everything, I can try new products and new ways to buy things I need, even if it's one thing a month!

3. Laugh More! Post on that to follow

4. And for the record, exercise more!

Happy Goal Reaching!

No comments: