Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Maine Season: No Doubt I'm Thankful!

It's one day before Thanksgiving, and as is often the case, Maine is having a season identity crisis--that is it's fall but looks like winter; it's Thanksgiving but feels like Christmas! It's November, and tomorrow the temperatures are suppose to be in the teens, more like January than mid-fall! Unlike our seasons in Maine that often run into each other and seem to be confused about what they are suppose to look like, this season I don't have any confusion of what I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for my freedom, my country, my home, my family, and my friends near and far, all the many happy memories with each friend or family member, and especially with my son and husband.

I'm also so thankful for Jesus and his life and death and the salvation he
had granted me and to all who trust in Him for it. This season, whatever kind of season you are in, I hope you can be thankful for all this and more, friends.

Thanks for letting me be a part of your life in whatever way that is. I hope each of you has a special and blessed and stress-free Thanksgiving!



4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm thankful to have you in my life, Libby. Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

I am thankful for you, Libby! Thank you for this lovely message. All the important things to be thankful for - encapsulated and beautifully expressed.

Unknown said...

When I think of all the things I am thankful for, I count you twice. Happy Thanksgiving...love you!

Tara said...

I too am thankful for family, friends, faith and country. I am thankful as well for the new friends God has put in my life this year!

Favorite Beaches: Rachel Carson Salt Pond Preserve

Tucked into a quiet little cove just east of New Harbor on Route 32 is the Rachel Carson Salt Pond Preserve. What's not to love with the...